In the world of business, agile has become a popular method that emphasizes use of iterative and incremental methods to deliver working software. There is a need to implement these effectively in large enterprises, making “Scaling Agile” important.
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) was created by Dean Leffingwell and introduced in the year 2011.
Across the globe, people are looking for SAFe CertFour Levels Of Scaled Agile Frameworkification courses to learn and get knowledge of the latest version. Let us see the overview of SAFe and its four levels, that will definitely motivate you to get SAFe Certification.
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) – Overview
This is a scalable, agile framework for development and release. It is a very popular agile framework that has been in use by companies such as Google. SAFe is used for both software development and for enterprise transformation.
Various Levels of Scaled Agile Framework
1. Essential SAFe: It is SAFe’s basic form that has two layers: the team level and the Program level. The Agile Manifesto tells that work must be reduced because it is an easy way and work not done must be increased to keep everything simple. It has ten elements, including:
Inspection and adapting
Iteration and innovation
2. Large Solution SAFe: This is the level above Essential SAFe, apart from the team & program level, one more level was added called ‘Large Solution’ to investigate the complex system. This level is used when there is a need to design large solutions. Along with 10 elements of Essential SAFe, some more are introduced at this level. They are:
Train, thereby multiple trains coordinate.
Intention to ensure the development of a quality system.
Context, explaining the system's interface.
Kanban is used to monitor the capability flow.
3. Portfolio SAFe: Managers/Executives define the business strategies and enterprise goals at this level. SAFe assists companies in solving problems including product road maps and funding. This also includes directions on how to measure progress in achieving goals by using the lean method.
4. Full SAFe: Builds a comprehensive structure with four levels namely: Team, Program, Large Solutions, and Portfolio.
SAFe: Four Levels
Team – At this level, SAFe becomes identical to Scrum/Kanban. As with the latter, SAFe teams use a repetitive method in which all work is broken down into sprints, usually of two weeks duration. Like Scrum, there are artifacts and events. For each release planning at the program level, the SAFe team plans the Sprint during the Sprint Planning ceremony. Key members: Developers, Testers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, etc.
Program – This has been considered as the important level in Scaled Agile. Here the central part is ART (Agile Release Train). There are 8-10 members to deliver the value in the specific project as each ART has some goals to achieve. At this point, they can present the product that meets customer demands. Key members: Release Train Engineer, Architect, UX, Business Analyst, etc.
Portfolio – At this Scaled Agile Level, the entire organization’s goals and visions are clearly defined. The organization is the main focus here. Key members: Enterprise Architects/Coaches, Chief Information Officers (CIO), Portfolio Managers, Chief Product Manager, and Chief Technical Officers.
Value Stream Layer – It is a combination of program and ART teams. There are two types: development and operations. In the operational phase, the company communicates with end-users, whereas in the development phase, it creates new products.
With the rise of Agile, the roles and responsibilities are changing. While it is still important to create a solid product, it is also important to understand business processes. SAFe is one of the best frameworks that can help organizations develop cross-functional teams and have strong business process management.
Top Benefits Of Implementing SAFe In An Enterprise
1. Increase In Productivity: It happens when the agile development team has been empowered to work and discuss any issues in the sprint retrospective, which develops their morale.
2. Lean-Agile Principle: It allows the company to create added value in a short time through more than one ART.
3. Transparency: SAFe gathers different teams at various levels, which makes them easy to work and share their vision.
4. Scaling Agile: It can be done with SAFe for medium and large enterprises.
5. High-Quality: Each release sequence allows the end-users to control the quality of the product, thereby meeting their demand.
6. Synchronization: The team synchronizes due to SoS practice in ART.
SAFe allows enterprises to use Agile effectively. SAFe is one of the most popular frameworks used by Agile practitioners, and it helps them in the optimized delivery of value and meeting enterprise goals.
Scaled Agile Certification is the must-have certification for leaders to gain a competitive advantage. It is worth considering SAFe training when they involve in an agile project. Earning this valuable certification helps them climb the corporate ladder.
Understand about the Lean-Agile method with Scaled Agilist Certification Training. Attending the training will help you to gain knowledge and clear the exam. To know more, visit our Leading SAFe certification page.
View details of our different certification training courses:
- SAFe Agilist Certification or Scaled Agile Certification
- CSM Certification
- CSPO Certification
- SAFe POPM Certification
- DevOps Certification