The popularity of scaled agile methodology is on the rise. Its benefits, which include increased flexibility and productivity, are one of the main reasons behind this uprise. Some other benefits of scaled agile framework include its deployment speed and ability to deal with change.
In this article, we will discuss SAFe, its core values, principles, and delve into details of SAFe Agile Training.
What Is SAFe?
The SAFe framework can be used by organizations interested in improving how they work and for addressing challenges they face.
To put it in simple terms, the SAFe® framework is a set of best practices that help you build products faster and with better quality.
Core Values Of SAFe Agile
Adherence to SAFe core values takes organizations on a path to success and enables all team members to work together to attain business goals. These core values include:
Transparency is important for any business irrespective of its size. It leads to better communication between team members in different departments. There are various SAFe methods available that ensure transparency.
Alignment is important among cross-functional teams. If an organization fails to bring about alignment, then such an enterprise cannot sustain itself and progress.
This core value of SAFe focuses on the importance of maintaining high quality in product development and makes team members more conscious about quality.
Continuous Delivery is the primary focus of SAFe. Because any organization’s success depends on how fast they respond to customer needs.
Principle #1: Take an economic view
- To be successful in the long run, organizations must take decisions while considering its economic impact. This means that they should plan by considering product cost and delays.
Principle #2: Apply system thinking
In large and complex organizations, it's important to understand how development teams and processes work together.
System thinking places emphasis on understanding this and the enterprise structure behind it.
Principle #3: Assume variability; preserve options
- This principle considers market & technical changes, reduces risks, saves opportunities, and drives innovation.
Principle #4: Build incrementally with fast, integrated learning cycles [H3]
- The principle focuses on customer feedback & satisfaction, and risk reduction.
Principle #5: Base milestones on objective evaluation of working systems
- It helps each stakeholder to have comparable expectations and to check that real development is proceeding as expected. If the ongoing process produces obvious results, everyone is free to move forward with more confidence.
Principle #6: Visualize and limit WIP, reduce batch sizes, and manage queue lengths
- Reduce the amount of work overlap and each element’s complexity.
Principle #7: Apply cadence, synchronize with cross-domain planning
- The term “cadence” means the period during which all the teams in the organization can align. It's impossible to create plans in agile companies when several teams work at different timeframes.
Principle #8: Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- The SAFe approach targets the teams/individuals to focus more on organization culture and removes the barriers to create better workplace.
Principle #9: Decentralize decision-making
- Taking fast decisions is important for any agile organization. SAFe encourages innovation and quick decision-making at the enterprise level.
Principle #10: Organize around value
- Many organizations are organized around these principles and values. The greatest benefit of this SAFe method is enterprise’s ability to respond quickly to changes, and customer needs.
Advantages Of SAFe® Agile Framework
The most important advantage is that with the scaled agile framework, companies can react quickly to market needs and the competitive environment without incurring high costs.
Another feature of this strategy is that it allows businesses to iterate their product or service quickly, which accelerates innovation and reduces overall risk.
And lastly, SAFe® Agile allows businesses to focus on goals rather than deliverables, unlike waterfall models.
SAFe® Agile starts with training and engaging managers to support and drive lean-agile transformation. This process rejuvenates the management and increases their commitment to achieving company's goals.
SAFe connects development teams and aligns enterprise goals to ensure consistency and better coordination to achieve targeted results.
How To Become SAFe® Certified?
The demand for SAFe Agile Certification is on the rise because it enables organizations to improve their agility and scalability. SAFe Agile is a proven methodology that allows organizations to develop software in an iterative, incremental manner, which helps in quickly delivering high-value features.
This kind of process has been adopted by leading companies such as IBM, SpaceX, TCS, and more. SAFe provides an effective framework for organizations to adopt agile practices. Companies are more likely to hire SAFe certified professionals because of the high demand for talented people. It also helps them with many aspects including continuous improvement, process optimization, increased productivity, and employee engagement.
LearNow offers Leading SAFe® Certification Training delivered by well-experienced SPC’s. This 2-day SAFe Agile training will teach you lean-agile practices and help you learn these through case studies and hands-on learning. It equips you for the certification exam and assists you in getting clear insights into the framework.
The average annual SAFe® Agilist salary is around $112K/year and there is great demand for this job role as 70% of companies are adopting SAFe Agile framework nowadays. So, if you wish to advance your career, then becoming a SAFe® Agilist is the best option. Learnow helps you to kick start your professional career. Check here for SAFe® Agile training! Call us if you would like more information about the training and SAFe certification cost India.
View details of our different certification training courses:
- SAFe Agilist Certification or Scaled Agile Certification
- CSM Certification
- CSPO Certification
- SAFe POPM Certification
- DevOps Certification